Ihre Karrierechance als
Systems Engineer Ground Segment METOP (m/w/d)Im Bereich Luft- und Raumfahrt / Berufserfahrene, zu besetzen zum nächstmöglichen Zeitpunkt.
Passionate about "Rocket Science"? In support of the European Organisation for the Exploitation of Meteorological Satellites (EUMETSAT), we are presently looking for a system engineer in the ground segment, responsible for the data acquisition, processing and product generation (PDAP) for the polar-orbit meteorological satellites Metop SG-A et Metop SG-B. This challenging position entails a 6 months project introduction & familiarization period in Toulouse prior to full time on-site deployment at EUMETSAT facilities in Darmstadt.
64283 - Darmstadt (Hessen)
- You support the revelant PDAP Integrated Validation & Verification (IVV) activities regrading planning, progress reporting and risk management, including warranty & maintenance
- In this context, you coordinate PDAP maintenace and operation procedures
- You are responsible for the PDAP on-site acceptance by establishing and recording the required test configurations, including subsystem updates or patches
- Following this you perform the applicable system verification testing using formal execution of applicable test procedures and configuration controls
- Fault Detection, Isolation & Recovery (FDIR) and recording / processing / re-testing of anomalies by means of anomalies database are equally important elements of your daily work
- Whenever required, you request engineering support to PDAP factory IVV and/or PDAP engineering teams (e.g. for special test analyses), or suppliers’ experts (e.g. for trouble shooting / FDIR, work arounds, quick corrections, etc.)
- Last but not least, you create all of the necessary documentation (e.g. Maintenance & Operation Plan, Test Reports, Progress Reports, etc.)
- You are in possession of a Bachelor's or Master's Degree in IT, Electronics, Telecommunications or a similar vocational education
- A strong IT knowledge will be necessary for the job, in particular in the area of Linux systems administration, network administration and infrastructure services : DNS, LDAP, NTP, etc.
- Ideally, you came along big-data technologies, Kafka, Storm, RMQ, or similar
- Knowledge in IVV and Maintenance activities for Ground Segment Observation Systems would be a very clear advantage
- You have fluent command of the English language, fluent German would be a definite plus
Voll- oder Teilzeit